Saturday, August 27, 2011

Who Knew? A Spaghetti Jar can look so pretty :)

I created this luminary candle jar from an empty spaghetti jar. First, I cut out the letters using cricut vinyl material (Planting Schoolbook cartridge) and placed letters on jar.  Second, I spray painted the jar and after the jar was fully dried; I started to peel the letters off and embellished it with Jute and a fabric flower.  I placed a tea-light and the word "dream" glows at night.  
Have a fabulous weekend!






8 comments:

Amy* said...

So pretty! A real beauty for day or night :)

Angi Barrs said...

This is so crafty and clever Lluvia. I love that you added Jute. I love using it too. And wow...the tealight is a fabulous idea. :) I also looked through your blog. All of your altered projects are so pretty. :)

Thank you so much for auditioning for the LESSology design team. :)

Kristen Mata said...

Wow So amazed! Didn't even know a spaghetti jar can look this fabulous after! Im so glad you made this blog to get inside of your creative mind!!

yyam said...

Wow! What an awesome project! Love how pretty it looks at night! :)

Thanks for trying our for the LESSology design team.

Anonymous said...

This is so cute and looks so classy. You are so talented that you take simple day item and make them look like a million bucks. I love all your ideas.

crafyami1 said...

your the craftiest best bff! :)

Lluvia Mata said...

Thankyou for all your nice comments! :)

Anonymous said...

This is a terrific example of how to take and re-purpose everyday items and make them into something "WOW!" Thanks for sharing this with us. :-) I really appreciate seeing pictures of the different stages, too. :-)

Post a Comment

Name:

 
.Custom blog design by Blogger Boutique.